If you notice signs of a roof problem on your property, how can you tell if you should repair the roof or replace it? Follow these diagnostic steps and you’ll probably have your answer.
A roof repair is (as you might expect) needed for less serious instances of roof problems. Usually, there is one small section of the roof that needs to be repaired, but the rest of it is in good shape. In such instances, the most cost-effective option is to patch the problem instead of going with the “nuclear option.” Here are some examples of instances where a roof repair is the best option:
- There is a roof leak, but it is only the first or second time this has ever happened in the lifespan of the roof.
- You notice water spots on a single ceiling tile inside the home.
- You notice a leak after a heavy rain, but the leak is limited to one area.
- Taking a look at your roof, you can visibly see that a couple shingles are missing.
- There is some minor damage to shingles as a result of a recent windstorm.
- There are financial limitations which mean you can only afford roof repair right now, but plan a full replacement down the road.
If any of these situations applies, contact an Ottawa roofing company to repair your roof and nip these problems in the bud.
A roof replacement is a more intensive project, but may be necessary if the problem is more serious than the instances noted above. You might need a roof replacement if:
- You have recently experienced a leak and this is a recurring problem.
- You notice multiple water stains on ceiling tiles inside the home, in different areas and rooms.
- There are leaks after rainstorms that are not contained to a single area.
- You see many missing or loose singles following a windstorm.
- Many shingles are in rough shape, with curling corners or bubbliness.
- Roofing materials are cracked, chipped, or otherwise damaged.
- If your insurance policy covers roof replacement following storm damage.
- You want to increase the value of your property with an upgraded roof.
Contact Lucas Contracting for all your roof repair and replacement needs. No matter your situation, their professional team of highly qualified roofers will restore or replace your roof using the best materials and latest installation techniques.